Let's take a look at some definitions focused on DoD/Army Cyber Operations.
- CMF is the US National Cyber Mission Force. It includes both offensive and defensive cyber teams.
- OCO refers to Offensive Cyber Operations.
- DCO refers to Defensive Cyber Operations.
- CPT is a Cyber Protection Team. CPTs conduct DCO. It could also be the rank abbreviation for Captain.
- NMT is a National Mission Team. NMTs also provide DCO but at a more significant level.
- CMT is a Combat Mission Team. CMTs provide OCO.
- CST is a Combat Support Team. CSTs assist NMTs and CSTs execute operations.
- CVE is a Common Vulnerability and Exposure. That's Cyber-speak for a security hole. The general process is to find a hole, notify the manufacturer under due diligence so they can produce and push a patch, and then publish findings so end users can mitigate. Getting a CVE published is kind of a huge deal.
- 17A, 17B, 17C, 17D, 170A, 170B, 170D are 17-series Army Cyber work roles (MOS/AOC). 17A is a Cyber Officer. 17B is an Electromagnetic Warrant Officer. 17C is Cyber Operations Specialist. 170A is a Cyber Warrant Officer Technician. 170B is a Electromagnetic Warrant Officer. The D series is under construction and those Soldiers will be Cyber Developers with a new professional development track.
- 35D, 35E, 35F, 35P, 35G, 35T are Intelligence Officers focusing on All-Source, Counterintelligence, Human, Cryptographic Linguist, Signals Intelligence respectively, and Military Intelligence Systems Integrator/Maintainer.
- 25A, 255N, 255A, 255S are Signal-series experts. 25A is a Signal Officer. 255N is a Network Management Technician Warrant. 255A is an Information Systems Technician Warrant.
- 26A, 26B are Signal functional areas. 26A (formerly FA24) is a Network Systems Engineer. 26B (formerly FA53) is an Information Systems Engineer.
We absolutely have a referral program. Ask about it. We pay you for both candidate and company referrals that turn into a placement! Each successful referral pays in the hundreds of dollars range! The minimum requirement to qualify for a referral is a point of contact within a company who expects us to call.