Cost Savings Use Cases
In today's marketplace, businesses need to be adaptable, scalable, and very conscious of operational expenses, including IT budgets.
We realize that it's hard to migrate your infrastructure and can be challenging to find resources to make it happen, when and how you want it to. You don't have to switch to a new provider in order to realize monthly cost savings.
- Do you have existing IT service contracts that may not be the best fit for your
- Are you concerned you may be over-provisioned in your data center or with
- Are your existing services becoming overpriced as market rates continue to fall at
an increasing rate?
We can renegotiate existing IT contracts (mid-term or end-of-term) to significantly reduce your monthly spend. Some recent success stories from our clients:
- We evaluate current CDN market pricing to either help the client migrate services to a new provider or leverage the competitive landscape to drive significant savings with the incumbent. In one case the client ended up staying with the incumbent, we negotiated a savings of $22K a month. There were also additional cost savings negotiated on the renewal terms.
- We reviewed a client's data center contracts and found they were over provisioned and over paying for their colocation services. We right-sized the footprint mid-term to save the client 20% or $200K on the remainder of the term.
- We evaluated the client's multi-million dollar, global MPLS/IP network with a Tier 1 provider and found they were overspending by 40%. They moved to a dual-provider, redundant solution and saved nearly $1M per year.
New Providers Added to Our Portfolio
Zenlayer - Enterprise companies use Zenlayer's global connection platform to instantly enable worldwide connectivity and deliver superior user experience. Zenlayer offers on-demand bare metal cloud, SD-WAN, edge computing, and colocation in more than 70 data centers worldwide, including 20 data centers
Peak 10 - Peak 10 delivers secure, compliant, and flexible IT infrastructure through it's colocation, interconnection, cloud, and managed IT solutions. With an operational footprint of more than 890,000 square feet and growing, Peak 10 connects multiple data centers to an ecosystem of solutions, delivering IT business communications and enabling customers to connect on a global basis.
Imperva - Imperva's data protection, web application, and DDoS protection services enable organizations to protect information wherever it lives - in the cloud and on-premises. The Imperva Defense Center, a research team comprised of some of the world's leading experts in data and application security, continually enhance Imperva products with up-to-the-minute threat intelligence.
AppliedTrust - ViaWest acquired AppliedTrust in 2015 to offer additional services around security and compliance expertise. AppliedTrust's capabilities augment the ViaWest platform with fast enablement of secure hybrid services. Key services include IT assessment, migration, compliance consulting, cloud readiness, and application support.
Centeris - Centeris provides data center solutions for mission critical IT applications and systems infrastructure. One of the largest power ready facilities in the US. SH1 data center offers the right combination of capacity, sustainable power, and connectivity.
StrataCore Secures Three Additional Partners to Solve IT Infrastructure Security Requirements in China
These new partnerships are part of a strategic effort to expand StrataCore's network in China, and bring the company's portfolio to more than 15 premier providers in the region.
Enterprise IT Making the Shift to Security-as-a-Service (SECaaS)
To deal with increased risk and resource/staffing challenges, many companies are starting to outsource security to Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs)...